- Name: @SwIt Printfil 5.27
- File Size: 2.57MB
- Date: 1 May 2021
- License: Shareware
- Price: $52.00
- Eval: 30 days
- Operating System: Win 95/98/Me/NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista(32/64-bit)/Windows 7(32/64-bit) (also available for Linux), Pentium 133Mhz, 32MB RAM, 4MB hard drive.
- Language support: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Czech, Slovenian, Macedonian, Polish, Greek, Hebrew, Catalan, Swedish, Russian, Serbian, Romanian, Danish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Brazilian, Icelandic, Finnish, Arabic, Turkish and Urdu.
Printfil allows printing from DOS, Unix, Linux, host programs to any Windows printer, including USB, GDI, network printers, fax printers and PDF writers, without changes to the original applications.
You can set your application to print to an ASCII file, or you can let Printfil capturing one or more parallel ports (PRN: and from LPT1: to LPT9:), automatically redirecting your print jobs to any printer, even to a printer which is physically connected to the captured port or if no LPT ports are physically installed on your PC.
- In addition, it will allow you to:
- include logos or other images stored in separate files
- use specialist windows fonts (barcodes, for example) as well as normal characters
- colorize the text
- preview printing
- print to ANY printer installed on the Windows Control Panel, including USB, GDI, Windows-only and Virtual printers
- print A4 landscape sheets in place of printing on dot-matrix 136-columns printers
- send DOS print jobs via fax by using any third-party fax software which acts like a printer - eg. Microsoft Fax, or a multifunction - all-in-one - printer
- export print jobs in PDF format, even with encryption and password protection, and send them via e-mail by using your own e-mail client program or an SMTP server, with or without user intervention.
- use a single, customizable set of escape sequences for ALL printers, regardless of make, model and emulation provided (if any, as for GDI printers)
- print complex jobs to legacy printers in RAW mode (graphs, drawings) and FAST print on matrix printers (like in the DOS age)
- archive a copy of all the captured jobs
- print to multiple printers simultaneously
All this without changes to your applications.
If you've host based programs (like Unix) to run on a Windows Terminal Emulator, you can stop battling with transparent-print characters and different settings for different printers. All you need is a shared file system (NFS, SCO-VisionFS, Samba, ...) or a Terminal Emulator, and PRINTFIL. For changes in this release please see the Release Notes. More info-aSwIt s.r.l.