- Name: CCleaner 5.74.8198
- File Size: 29.06MB
- Date: 12 Nov 2020
- License: Freeware
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/10/Servers 2003/2008/2008r2/2012
- Hardware Requirements: n/a
- Other Requirements: n/a
- Language Support: n/a
- Notes: Runs on 32 and 64-bit Windows
Developer's Description: CCleaner is a small, effective utility for computers running Microsoft Windows that cleans out the 'junk' that accumulates over time: temporary files, broken shortcuts, and other problems.
CCleaner protects your privacy. It cleans your browsing history and temporary internet files, allowing you to be a more confident Internet user and less susceptible to identity theft.
CCleaner can clean unneeded files from various programs saving you hard disk space, remove unneeded entries in the Windows Registry, help you uninstall software and select which programs start with Windows. Changes in this release:
- This release contains an essential session cleaning compatibility update for Chromium browsers such as CCleaner Browser, Google Chrome, Edge, Brave, Opera, Opera GX, Avast Secure Browser and Vivaldi.
- Automatic Updates:
- Updates to CCleaner will now be applied automatically in CCleaner Free.
- You can review your Update Preferences in the ‘Options’ ? ‘Updates’ menu.
- If automatic updates are enabled, CCleaner will run in the background and check for them twice daily (if you run CCleaner it will always check for an update first).
- Update Preferences:
- Developer has simplified the ‘Options’ ? ‘Updates’ menu down to two settings: one for controlling automatic updates and another for controlling update notifications.
- CCleaner Professional:
- If your license has expired, you will occasionally see a reminder when you run CCleaner.
- Bug fixed where text in warning message boxes was highlighted.
More info-Piriform Ltd